It can get very frustrating waiting for your first client, or even for new clients, and when that happens it is easy to have a lower energy level. It's hard to imagine that at some point you'll be busy enough to turn clients away, but it will happen if you put the time and effort into your business now.
But until that wonderful day comes for you, here are a few pointers to help you relieve some of the frustration!
- Step away from the computer. No will get hurt and you'll come back much more refreshed and ready to dig into some more research and marketing.
- Go for a walk if the weather permits. Getting a little exercise as opposed to checking your email constantly is going to help you physically and mentally. It clears out the cobwebs and gives you fresh ideas!
- Make a lunch date with a family member or friend. When you get busy there really won't be time to get out of the house during business hours. So enjoy the time while you can spare it. Even if you spend 4 hours per day marketing, you still have time for that lunch date!
- Get everything around you as organized as possible. Moving gets your blood flowing, and getting organized now will save you immense aggravation later. Even if you are working from the dining room table you will need some place that no one bothers your business related stuff.
- Take time to write down all those wonderful ideas you have bouncing around in your head. At some point you will be able to implement them, and it's best to have it written down before you forget.